Monday, June 14, 2010

In the beginning was the word...fool.

There’s no way to say it without sounding like a dick, so here goes.

I wish my pundits were actually more like pundits than their pundits.

I am, by default, to the left. As an atheist/heavy-duty agnostic that’s where I fit in today’s political spectrum. Try as you might to separate religion from politics, in a two party system, if the Other guy won’t let you divorce those concepts, there’s precious little you can do.

As a group I would make the generalization that the left tends towards nuance a good deal more than the right. This leads to the unfortunate tendency of pundits of the left, attempting to fight the Bible using…tah-dah…the Bible.

The sheer lunacy of trying to disprove a fairy tale by using a fairy tale is the topic of another day.

The problem I am addressing here is when a pundit of the left uses the Bible to prove a point…and misquotes the fucking thing.

And I’m not talking about some obscure passage out of Deuteronomy or Acts. I’m talking about stuff that I, as an atheist, know to be wrong the moment I see it.

Research brothers and sisters, I recommend research. You have no excuse. Minimize the browser window you are posting your blog in, summon Google and go to town. It’s almost exactly that simple.

Please, quit making your people look more collectively like douche bags than we already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment